- Reduce your carbon footprint. A ground-source heat pump — or geothermal system — is the most eco-friendly form of space heating on the market.
- Geothermal is a highly efficient and renewable alternative to conventional resource-based heating and cooling systems, using up to 65% less electricity than traditional options.
- The earth absorbs about 50% of all solar energy and maintains a constant temperature of 50°F to 70°F depending on geographic location.
- Moving this heat uses less energy than generating new heat.
- By installing and servicing a customized ground-source heat pump, MacKinnon Water Solutions optimizes this energy and uses it to heat and cool your home.
- No need for a dehumidifier. The geothermal cooling cycle provides dehumidification and save on energy use.
- Geothermal is ideally suited to Canadian weather conditions, offering cooling during summer’s heat, and warmth when it’s cold outside.
- In addition to energy efficiency, geothermal offers:
– low maintenance
– clean and quiet operations
– no chance of fire or creosote buildup
– automatic thermostatic control
– small and compact size
Horizontal loops, the most common type of geothermal, and are ideal for rural areas where land space is readily available. Using an excavator, MacKinnon Water Solutions digs several trenches about six feet deep and 300 feet long. Geothermal pipe is then placed in these trenches, and backfilled with soil.
Vertical loops are installed primarily in urban areas because they require minimal land space. Using a specially designed geothermal drilling rig, MacKinnon Water Solutions bores vertical holes ranging from 180 to 540 feet deep. Geothermal pipe is then inserted into each vertical bore and backfilled with bentonite grout.
Most properties with a suitable lake or pond (minimum eight feet in depth) can accommodate a closed-loop heat pump system. MacKinnon Water Solutions excavates a single trench connecting the home to the water body, and typically install two geothermal pipes. These pipes are then connected to several other submerged pipes resting at the bottom of the lake or pond.
Pond Open Loops
Although we do not recommend open loops, they are most commonly used on rural properties with existing high-capacity water wells. Groundwater is then drawn from an aquifer through the supply well and pumped into the heat pump. Meanwhile, discharged water from the heat pump is redirected into a second well, and back into the original aquifer.
MacKinnon Water Solutions has a long-standing reputation for providing top quality products and services. We guarantee our labour for one year on new installations. All parts are covered by manufacturer’s warranty for one to five years depending on product. Should you have an issue with any of our installations or service work, please contact us directly.
Financeit is a market-leading payments solution that allows you to apply for affordable monthly payment plans for your big projects or purchases. Whether you need emergency repairs to your water system, or you’re making plans to install geothermal or drill a new well, Financeit’s fast and easy application process, competitive rates and flexible plan options help you get the water you need.
MACKINNON SERVICE PACKAGES
With regular maintenance and repair, you’ll always be able to count on a ready supply of quality well water. And your investment will last longer! MacKinnon Water Solutions offers three cost-effective service packages.
What they say
Big thanks to Jamie and associates from Laurentian Brew Kombucha Company for the great advice and supply of our water filter for the brewery.
I would definitely recommend MacKinnon’s. They have worked with me on a few occasions and always provide excellent service. I appreciate their honesty and prompt response.
Very professional service, quality products and great to work with! I highly recommend the guys at MacKinnon’s for any residential or commercial project.
MacKinnon Well Drilling saved the day for my family with fast courteous service and quality workmanship. Call them for a professional job and honest pricing. Thanks MacKinnon’s!
We had a massive geothermal field put in for our commercial building. The MacKinnon family treated us extremely fair and did a fantastic job! We are very pleased with all the work they did for us.
Called early Easter Monday morning. Came out within hours and fixed the problem. Good old-fashioned service from the Valley Boys. Job done and cleaned up in no time. They do make water great!
Very good service. That sums it all up! They sent a really nice friendly guy out here to help me install my dual-stream pitless adapter. He was really professional. He helped and showed me how to do it.